If you search for Garage Door Repair or installation in Edmonton on Google Maps, you’ll see that there seem to be dozens of 5* reviews for garage door companies. But if you look closer, you’ll see that many of these reviews sound robotic and fake. If you look even closer, you’ll find a few 1-star reviews calling them out. When you call them for a repair, it feels like a call center. This is because, most likely, these companies outsource your installation or repair to a third-party contractor who often has sketchy practices and tries to overcharge you for simply applying Walmart Garage Door Lubricant. Because both the contactor and call center have to make a profit, you can always guarantee you’ll be paying too much Some have even been known to try and sell you a whole new garage door when all that was needed was a simple repair. It’s best to do your research before choosing a garage door repair company in Edmonton, as the industry seems to be filled with scam artists.
- Do your research before choosing a company. Look at multiple reviews from different sources. Reviews that seem vague, or have a picture of a gas station or grocery store where the garage door companies storefront should be are a red flag.
- Be very aware of vans that are completely bare with no logo or company name and repairmen that have no branding on their clothing, this is the best sign of a subpar third-party contractor.
- Ask for recommendations from friends or family members who have had successful experiences with a garage door repair company in Edmonton.
- Be wary of companies that try to upsell you on products or services, and always get a second opinion before agreeing to any major repairs or replacements.
- Call multiple companies for quotes and comparisons. Finding a reliable and trustworthy garage door repair company in Edmonton may take some effort, but it will be worth it in the long run.
- Don’t be afraid to ask them about their experience and training. Unfortunately, no certifications are required to work as a garage door repair man, so anyone off the street can and will offer this service with no proper training to experience. Therefore, ensuring that the person you hire has the appropriate training and expertise to safely and effectively repair or install your garage door is essential.
Remember to stay vigilant and do your due diligence when choosing a garage door repair company in Edmonton. Don’t fall victim to scam artists and overcharging companies. Your wallet and home will thank you in the end. Once you’ve chosen a potential company, ensure they are licensed and insured. Don’t be afraid to ask for proof of this - it’s essential to protect yourself and your property. Also, be wary of any company that offers shockingly low prices or guarantees same-day service without even looking at the issue first. These could be red flags for a scam or subpar workmanship. Take the time to research reviews and check their reputation within the community. Your due diligence now can save you much frustration and expenses in the long run.